Saturday, June 10, 2006

Re: Jade's birthday

Dear America,

Today is Jade's birthday.

I know, nobody really cares. A lot of y'all rather celebrate Faith Evans' birthday instead.

I know a lot of you have seen
this picture.


I know a lot of y'all don't really care about this picture.

All I keep thinking about is that particular episode of ANTM where Jade is hoping that she's going to get weaves but instead she's flipping through some fashion magazine with her cropped blonde 'fro and her blonde eyebrows whining about girls with "long hair" can make it in the fashion industry. (Screw the long hair, Jade, you have the magical Afro that you can shape into any shape imaginable!)

The inevitable punchline to this whole setup: Jade saying "I have long hair now, baby!"

I think that's it. I don't hate Jade like the majority of people that watch ANTM (Robin and Camille are a hell of a lot worse than Jade IMHO), so I don't have anything else to add as opposed to true She-Woman-Jade-Haters.

Penny Woods

1 comment:

Penny Woods said...

I figured out a way to put up pretty pictures on public computers. Yay me.

Still waiting for my laptop, though.