Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Re: Autograph from "Shake It Off Remix Promotion"


In fall 2005 Island Records held a contest for anyone who downloaded the "Shake It Off" remix on iTunes an autographed picture of Mariah Carey ("WHILE SUPPLIES LAST AND THEY WON'T LAST LONG," according to the advertisment that formerly was a splash page before getting to Mariah Carey's official webpage). Also on the splash page, there was an announcement for a grand prize to meet and "HAVE DINNER WITH MARIAH!," but fortunately I did not win the grand prize, because if I did, it would have been a big problem because I am in college and at the time I had a crazy English teacher on her back ordering her to do a paper that I had no clue to do. On December 28, 2005, I was one of the people that won an autograph from Mariah Carey. My response, originally posted in The House of La Rue on January 4, 2006 and modified for this post:

Dear Mimi,


Thank you for the autograph.

Have fun in Anguila, you bitch.


Penny Woods


No comments: